Fresh ingredients that will make you feel like you’re away in Mexico!
- Pastured Chicken: 2 lbs, Chicken Breast &/or Thighs
- Chicken Bone Broth: 4 Cups
- Water: 2 Cups
- Ground Cumin: 1 tsp
- Yellow Onion: 1/2, roughly chopped
- Avocado Oil: 1 tbsp (any high temp cooking oil)
- Yellow Onion: 1 Large, finely chopped
- Garlic: 4 Cloves, finely chopped
- Jalapenos or Green Chilies: 1 can (4 oz)
- Tomatoes: 3 Freshly chopped or 1 can (14 oz), diced
- Chile Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Flour Tortillas: 6
- Re-fried Beans: 1 Can
- Cilantro Lime Rice (recipe below)
- Shredded Cheese
- Lettuce: Shredded
- Sour Cream
- Avocado: Sliced or Guacamole
- Place Pastured Chicken in pot. Add Blue Ridge Farms Bone Broth, Water and Cumin to pot and set to boil.
- Roughly chop 1/2 Onion and add to pot. Lower temperature to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, finely chop the large onion and garlic.
- Once time is up, remove Chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- Heat frying pan and Oil, add Onion. Saute for 25 minutes, stirring frequently, and then add Garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes. Mmm it smells good!
- Add Jalapenos or Green Chilies depending on your spice tolerance, diced Tomatoes, Chile Powder and Salt to pan. Stir well, turn off heat and let cool for a few mins.
- Place Onion mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Don’t discard of your pan yet.
- If Chicken is done cooling, use two forks and shred. Remove any bones if present.
- Put blended mixture back into the pan and add shredded chicken. Heat over medium – high heat until hot!
- Warm Re-fried Beans in a separate pan over medium heat until ready to serve.
BUILD YOUR BURRITO
- Warm Tortilla in a dry frying pan or microwave. This makes it more pliable and less likely to tear.
- Leaving a couple inches at each end for rolling up, place a large dollop of Re-fried Beans down the center of the tortilla. Then add a large spoonful of Rice and Chicken mixture.
- Top that with Cheese, Lettuce, Sour Cream, Avocado & Salsa. Customize this to how you like, but make sure ingredients are spread “evenly”.
- Fold one side in and then roll the Burrito over. Serve & ENJOY!
CILANTRO LIME RICE RECIPE
- Basmati Rice: 1 Cup
- Chicken Bone Broth: 2 Cups
- Lime Juice: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Avocado Oil: 1 tbsp (any high temp. cooking oil)
- Garlic: 2-3 Cloves, finely chopped
- Lime Zest: 1 Lime
- Cilantro: 1/2 Cup, chopped
- Cook rice in Bone Broth with Lime Juice and Salt.
- When rice is finished cooking, heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add Garlic and Rice to pan and saute for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Stir Lime Juice and Cilantro into rice mixture. Serve right away.
Recipe adapted from Rockin Robin – thx!