OUR FAVORITE COLD & FLU REMEDY
MADE TO HEAL, SOOTH AND RESTORE. THIS RECIPE IS ALSO A DELICIOUS GLUTEN FREE & DAIRY FREE OPTION.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Rice noodles: ½ pack
- Blue Ridge Farms Bone Broth: 6 Cups
- Blue Ridge Farms Sirloin Beef Steak: 10 oz sliced
- Avocado Oil: 2 tbsp
- Hoison Sauce: 2 tbsp
- Onion Salt: 1.5 tbsp
- Garlic Salt: 1.5 tbsp
- Bean Sprouts: to taste
- Siracha Sauce or Sweet Chili Sauce: 1-2 tbsp per bowl
- Lime, to taste
- Cilantro: ½ bunch, chopped
- Green Onion: 2, chopped
- Carrot: 2, grated
- Boil Rice Noodles for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain noodles and set aside.
- Add Bone Broth to a pot and bring to a boil. While heating…
- Slice Sirloin Steak into thin strips. *Note: cut against the grain.
- Heat Avocado Oil (can use any high temp. Cooking oil) in a pan and add Steak strips for 20 seconds a side, no more. Add Steak strips to noodles.
- Add Hoison Sauce, Onion Salt & Garlic Salt to the broth. Or a pack of onion soup mix works well too.
- Ladle Bone Broth over noodles and steak. Let sit for 2 mins allowing meat to finish cooking.
- Add Bean Sprouts and Siracha/Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Squeeze in a lime wedge and stir in a little chopped cilantro, green onion, and carrot.
- Depending on your taste buds, add a sprinkle of salt to bring the flavors out a little more.
- Enjoy! xoxo
Served with fresh spring rolls on the side. For an extra flavour bomb add:
- Freshly sliced chili peppers
- Chopped mint
- Chopped basil
- Grated ginger
When you are pregnant and breastfeeding for 5 years straight and can’t take any cold medicine… you figure out ways to soothe and heal a cold naturally!
I developed this recipe when looking for ways to get our nutrient-dense bone broth into my kids and husband. My bone broth is made with our homegrown pastured chickens or grass-fed beef and is pure medicine when fighting off a cold.
Our farm store offers Ready-To-Go Chicken Bone Broth as well as Beef Marrow Bones and Pastured Chicken carcasses for making your own broth.
Check out my GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE BONE BROTH HERE!
Please get in touch with any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you!
Cheers & much love,