We offer two packages for purchasing in bulk, anything from two large boxes to a small freezer worth of our Farm Fresh Pork at a discount.
Below is an average of what you would be paying for and what you would be taking home.
We base our pricing on the hanging weight of the animal. (The hanging weight is taken after the head, hide (this is an important one, as some farms will leave the hide on for extra weight and charge for it. We remove the hide so you don’t pay this extra cost), feet and organs have been removed).
For simplicity purposes, in this example we will use:
- Average hanging weight: 180 lbs per pig
- Pricing: $4.40/lb * hanging weight for half and whole pork
- Prices include cut & wrap fees, and delivery to your home within Whitecourt and St. Albert. We have a monthly pick up in St. Albert for those located in the surrounding areas.
- Custom Cutting is available on Half and Whole Pork.
- Specialty products such as Bacon, Hams, and Sausage are an additional cost/lb.
- Bacon – $2.10/lb
- Hams – $1.05/lb
- Sausage – $2.65/lb
- To give you a relation to our individual item pricing:
- Ground Pork $6/lb
- Pork Chops $8.50/lb
- Roasts $7.50-$14.50/lb
- Bacon $13/lb
- Hams $7.50/lb
- Price: ~$396 (no extra processing, ex. hams & bacon)
- Average $/lb for all your cuts: $6.00/lb
- Price with extra processing: ~$444
- Hams are $1.05/lb, (4 x 7.5 lb hams = $31.50)
- Bacon is $2.10/lb, (8 lbs = $16.80)
- Average $/lb for all your cuts: $6.80/lb (big savings on cured products!)
- Take home meat: ~65 lbs
- 2 Large Boxes (3-4 cubic feet)
1 x Whole Tenderloin
12 x Bone-in Pork Chops (2/pack)
4 x Hams (~7 lbs each)
8 x Bacon (1 lb each)
2 x Ribs (1 x side ribs & 1 x back ribs)
2 x Shoulder Roasts (4-5 lbs)
1 x Hock
5 x Ground Pork (1 lb packs)
- Price: ~$792 (no extra processing, ex. hams & bacon)
- Average $/lb for all your cuts: $6.00
- Price with extra processing: ~$936
- Hams are $1.05/lb, (4 x 7.5 lb hams = $31.5)
- Bacon is $2.10/lb, (16 lbs = $33.60)
- Sausage is $2.65/lb, (30 lbs = $79.50)
- Average $/lb for all your cuts: $7.20/lb (big savings on cured products and sausage!)
- Take home meat: ~130 lbs
- 3-4 Large Boxes (6-7 cubic feet)
2 x Whole Tenderloin
24 x Bone-in Pork Chops (2/pack)
4 x Hams (~7 lbs each)
25 x Sausage (1.2 lbs each) – Ham Ring, Breakfast Sausage, Garlic Ring etc.
16 x Bacon (1 lb each)
4 x Ribs (1 x side ribs & 1 x back ribs)
4 x Shoulder Roasts (4-5 lbs)
2 x Hock
10 x Ground Pork (1 lb packs)
- The above amounts of what you would be taking home are an approximation and dependent upon how the pig is cut. For example, you can get more/fewer chops, roasts or ground by cutting the pig differently.
- Prices may decrease or increase depending on the size of the Pig. For example, some pig hanging weights can vary from 160 lb to 220 lb.
Our Pastured Pigs are young healthy animals that are allowed to grow at their own pace. They have never been fed medicated feeds and never given antibiotics. Hormone implants are not used in the pork industry.
We feed our pig’s pasture grass and a mixture of locally grown barley, corn, canola, salt, and minerals. The grains are offered as free choice. We find our pigs though they do eat grains offered, spend the majority of their time rooting around for grass, roots or whatever weeds they fancy that day!
WHEN TO ORDER
Pork will only be offered near Halloween and in mid-November. After that, we will have pork again next spring. If you would like to order a ½ or whole pig, just shoot me a message or call anytime! See contact info below.
A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your meat, this deposit goes towards your final total which is due upon delivery/pickup.
- Half Pig: $200 deposit
- Whole Pig: $400 deposit
This is certainly the most delicious and affordable way to feed a family!
CALL/TEXT ME (JILLIAN) ANYTIME: 780-222-9134