NEW FAVORITE SOUP RECIPE IN OUR HOUSE!
LOADED WITH NUTRITION, FLAVOUR, AND EASY TO EAT (KID FRIENDLY!), THIS RECIPE IS ALSO GLUTEN FREE & HAS A DAIRY FREE OPTION. YEE HAW!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Oil: 2 Tbsp
- Onion: 1/2 Cup, finely chopped
- Garlic: 3 Cloves, minced
- Jalapeno Pepper: 1, seeded & chopped (sub-out or reduce for kids)
- Green Chilies: 2, seeded & chopped (sub-out or reduce for kids)
- Diced Tomatoes: 8 Roma Tomatoes. Substitute = 1 x 591 mL Can, juice included
- Cumin: 2 tsp
- Salt: 2 tsp
- Chicken Bone Broth: 5 Cups
- Picante Sauce: 1 Cup, Mild. Substitute = regular salsa.
- Pastured Chicken Breasts: 2 Whole, cooked & chopped
- Avocado: 1, pitted, peeled & diced
- Monterey Jack Cheese: 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Cilantro: 1/3 Cup, chopped
- Corn Chips: 2 Cups, because you’ll likely eat some extras!
- Add oil to hot pot and saute Onion, Garlic and Jalapenos.
- After a few minutes, add Chilies, Tomatoes and Cumin. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Chicken Bone Broth and Picante Sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped Chicken and Avocado. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Serve into 6-8 bowls. Top with Cilantro and Corn Chips.
This recipe was inspired by the Tortilla Soup recipe in The Best of Bridge Cookbooks.
- I halve the jalapeno and chili amounts when I make this soup. My kids love it as then it’s not spicy, but Brett and I still get to enjoy the delicious flavours. We also sub-out the cheese for a dairy free cheese or nothing at all for our daughter. Enjoy!
- There are huge BENEFITS to consuming Bone Broth – Check out my Bone Broth Blog Post here!
Cheers & much love,