WELCOME! HERE IS A GUIDE THAT WILL EXPLAIN “HOW TO ORDER & GET OUR FARM FRESH BEEF”
Firstly, our names are Jillian and Brett Byers, and it’s lovely to meet you! We are the farmers that are growing your Beef. We have three little kids and a whole bunch of animals. Life on our cattle ranch is busy and beautiful!
WHEN CAN YOU GET SOME OF OUR DELICIOUS BEEF
We butcher beef every month and age it for 21 days. So depending on when you would like to fill your freezer, just let us know. It can be right away, this summer for grilling season, or later this fall.
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR BEEF
- Free Delivery to Your Door: within Whitecourt, Mayerthorope & St. Albert (bulk beef orders only). Dates and times vary each month, so depending on when you would like your beef, we will be here to arrange that.
- Pick Up in St. Albert: If you live outside of St. Albert, we have a pick-up location that you can meet us at. This is located at the St. Albert Hudson’s Bay parking lot on our delivery days, contact us for our next delivery date.
- Pick Up on Farm: Our Farm Store located at our ranch in Blue Ridge will be open on Sundays from 1 pm – 4 pm. We would be thrilled to have you out to our farm; come collect some eggs, let your kids run free, and see some animals!
BULK BEEF SIZES OFFERED
- Whole Beef – custom cut (you choose)
- Half Beef – custom cut
- Quarter Beef – standard cut
- Eight Beef – standard cut
For Example, a ¼ Beef is half of a side of beef, so you will be getting a mixture of front and hindquarter cuts. This is roughly 115 lbs of meat, plus bones and organs if you would like them.
Pricing is based on the hanging weight of the Beef which ranges from 650 lbs – 720 lbs. We charge $5.50/lb x Beef Hanging Weight, this includes cut and wrap fees. For pricing details, read our blog post: “Buying Bulk Beef: Everything You Need to Know” or give us a call: 780-222-9134.
HOW WE RAISE OUR BEEF
Animal Welfare: From pasture to plate, we ensure a happy life for all our cattle, while providing you and your family with a delicious and nutritious eating experience.
Finishing Process: We finish our cattle on grass (when in season) or homegrown hay, and locally grown rolled barley. The barley makes up to ⅓ of their diet, and when joined by the grass, makes for a clean, nutritious and very tasty product. We do offer grass-finished beef in Summer and Fall months.
Certification: Our farm is Verified Beef Production Plus certified, this is a huge achievement in the beef industry. Our cattle are guaranteed to be free from hormone implants and antibiotics, ensuring your family clean, healthy protein!
Dry-Aging: When your beef is butchered, it is dry-aged for 21-28 days. This aging process tenderizes and condenses the delicious flavors.
We have learned that spending that extra time raising our beef and then aging our beef makes for an eating experience on par with the finest steakhouses but in the comfort of your own home. Get ready for a treat!
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO CONNECT WITH YOU
Thank you for considering our Farm Fresh Beef for your family. Once you’ve taken a moment to think about when you would like to fill your freezer, or simply have more questions, give us a shout!
Cheers & much love,
Jillian & Brett