An elegant dish just in time for Mother’s Day brunch.
What you need:
- Pie Crust: 9-inch (get recipe here)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese: 1 Cup, packed
- Leek: ½, finely chopped
- Goat Cheese: ½ Cup
- Cherry Tomatoes: 1 ½ Cups, halved
- Spinach: 2 Packed Cups, chopped
- Farm Fresh Eggs: 8
- Pepper: ½ tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Cream or Whole Milk: 1 ¼ Cups
- Use butter to grease pie dish. Lay in your pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 375*C. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on bottom of pie crust.
- Grab your leek, trim both ends and then split the leek lengthwise. Take half (save the other half for pizza or soup maybe?) of the split leek and wash each piece well. Finely chop the half leek and sprinkle on top of the cheese.
- Crumble the goat cheese over top of the chopped leek.
- Take your cherry tomatoes and halve them. Place cut side up all over and then place your quiche onto a cookie sheet (in case of overflow).
- In a bowl firmly whisk or lightly beat eggs, cream/milk, pepper & salt. Pour over the quiche.
- Enjoy and please share this recipe!
Keep in Mind:
- You can add ½ Cup of bacon or ham!
- Green onions = substitute for leeks