Fresh & juicy, handcrafted burgers with a twist. Perfect for a summer time supper with friends & family!
What you need:
- Lean Ground Pork: 2 lbs
- Kosher Salt: 2 tbsp
- Belly Bacon: 1 lb
- Plums: 2, sliced
- Buns: 6, sprouted grain
- Avocado Mayonnaise: to taste
- Goat Cheese: to taste
- Ice Burg Lettuce
- Heat your grill. We loved using our no-flame, stick resistant indoor grill.
- In a frying pan, begin cooking your bacon. Once cooked, chop in half and keep warm. Save your bacon fat for something like frying eggs the next morning!
- Take your ground pork and divide it into 6 patties. Make sure each patty is the same diameter as your buns.
- Sprinkle both sides of your pork patties with the kosher salt, approximately 1/2 tsp of salt per side. Then place them on the grill until thoroughly cooked, approximately 5 mins. if cooked on a double sided grill.
- Once your pork patties are cooked, set aside and cover them with foil to keep warm. Place your sliced plums on the grill and cook for 1 min.
- Prepare your buns with the mayo, lettuce and goat cheese.
- Add the burgers, plums and bacon to the prepared buns.
- Enjoy and please share this simple and delicious recipe!
a) Blue cheese makes a nice substitution for goat cheese.
b) Arugula in place of ice burg lettuce cuts the sweetness of the plums.